In accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of 23 October 2018 on data protection (hereinafter the Regulation), the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (hereafter CINEA) collects your personal data only to the extent necessary to fulfil the precise purpose related to its tasks.
1. The controller is CINEA:
a. Unit D1
b. Person responsible for the processing: Christian Strasser (Head of Unit)
c. Email: CINEA-LIFE-CET@ec.europa.eu
The following entity processes your personal data on our behalf:
Bernhard von Mach
Place Communale d'Auderghem 8
B - 1160 Bruxelles
Email for data privacy enquiries: email@example.com
2. The purpose of the processing is to organise the Sustainable Energy Investment Forums event and to facilitate networking among the participants and the follow up of the event, including feedback collection and various communication activities. These data serve to give to the participant access to the event/conference venue and to include him/her in the participants list.
3. The data subjects concerned by this notice are the participants to the conferences organised in the framework of the Sustainable Energy Investment Forums
4. The categories of personal data collected and used for the processing operations are:
· Name (first & last name)
· Date of birth
· ID (or Passport) number
· Organisation details (name, type & address)
· Email address
· Country of residence
· Telephone number
· Login and password & dedicated account when applicable
Which are mandatory for the purposes outlined above.
In addition, the following non-mandatory personal data may be collected: your position within your organisation, your photograph, films or videos and your consent to receive CINEA’s e-news, which will only be processed based on your explicit prior consent. In addition, non-mandatory personal data based on consent may be collected by the contractor such as food restrictions and accessibility needs in case of physical events only.
5. The recipients of the data will be CINEA and Commission staff in charge of the Sustainable Energy Investment Forums as well as CINEA or Commission contractors in charge of these Forums.
Photos and videos taken during the event maybe used in publications, in broadcasting or communication via the Internet, in order to illustrate or promote the activities or projects, past, present or future, of the European Institutions & bodies and the European Union. These images may be archived in the EU Institutions’ & bodies online databases, accessible to the public free of charge. Third parties having access to these databases may use the said photographs and/or films in compliance with the EC's Decision on re-use of Commission's documents (2011/833/EU).
In case of audits or proceedings, etc., personal data may be provided to CINEA’s Internal Controller, DPO, Legal Sector, etc.
In addition, data may be disclosed to public authorities in accordance with Union and Member State law such as the European Court of Justice or a national judge as well as the lawyers and the agents of the parties in case of a legal procedure, Investigation and Disciplinary Office of the European Commission (IDOC), the competent Appointing Authority in case of a request or a complaint lodged under Articles 90 of the Staff Regulations, European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF), the Internal Audit Service of the Commission, the Court of Auditors ,the European Ombudsman, the European Data Protection Supervisor and the European Public Prosecutor’s Office.
6. Data Subjects rights: you have the right to access your personal data and to request your personal data to be rectified, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete. Where applicable, you have the right to request restriction or to object to processing. You may request erasure of your personal data held by the data controller. If processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email with the requested change(s) to the controller via the functional mailbox indicated here-above in Section 1. In any cases your data will be modified or removed accordingly and as soon as practicable(maximum within 30 working days).
However, in line with Article 25 of the Regulation, the data controller may restrict the rights of the data subjects based on the Decision of the Steering Committee (2020) 26 of 14/10/20 (OJEU L 45 on9.2.2021, p. 80), in case where such restriction constitutes a measure necessary to safeguard the protection of the data subjects or the rights and freedoms of other data subjects, etc.
7. How does CINEA protect and safeguard your data?
Access to your data is restricted on an individual need to know basis and through User-ID and password. Your data resides either on the servers of the European Commission (which abide by strict security measures implemented by DG DIGIT to protect the security and integrity of the relevant electronic assets) or on the servers of the contractor (which covered by relevant measures implemented as provided for by the EU legislation (GDPR) to protect the integrity and confidentiality of the data) .
CINEA is also bound by Commission Decision2017/46 of 10/1/17 on the security of communications & information systems in the EC.
Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries or international organisations.
The processing of your data will not include automated decision-making (such as profiling).
8. The legal basis of the processing are:
• Council Regulation 58/2003 of 19 December 2002, laying down the Statute for executive agencies to be entrusted with certain tasks in the management of EU programmes;
• Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/173 of 12 February 2021 establishing the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency, and repealing Implementing Decisions 2013/801/EU;
• Commission Decision C (2021)947 of 12 February 2021 delegating powers to the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency;
• Council Regulation xx/2021of 18 March 2021 establishing a Programme for the Environment and Climate Action (LIFE), and repealing Regulation (EU) No 1293/2013
9. The time limits for keeping the data are the following:
The Agency abides by the2019 Retention List of the Commission. Your personal data (mandatory)will be kept for a maximum period of 48 months from the date of the event you are registering for. Your personal data (non-mandatory) will be kept for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of the event you are registering for. Data will be deleted at the end of this period.
10. Contact information
In case you have any questions about the collection/processing of your personal data, you may contact the data controller who is responsible for this processing activity by using the email address mentioned here above in Section 1
You may contact at any time the Data Protection Officer of the Agency (CINEA-DPO@ec.europa.eu). You have the right to have recourse at anytime to the European Data Protection Supervisor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
 with a view to the performance of tasks linked to the implementation of Union programmes in the field of transport and energy infrastructure; climate, energy and mobility research and innovation; environment, nature and biodiversity; transition to low-carbon technologies; and maritime and fisheries; comprising, in particular, implementation of appropriations entered in the general budget of the Union and those stemming from external assigned revenue.